Monday, October 4, 2010

David M. Bailey

Since I've shared a couple of resources lately, let me share a most powerful one. David M. Bailey was a folk singer and son of Presbyterian missionary and Biblical scholar, Kenneth Bailey. He fought a malignant brain tumor for over 13 years -- long beyond the time that doctors originally gave him. He died on October 2 after several weeks in hospice care. The way he fought was a wonderful witness to the power of "faith and hope and love." I've read many of his poems and have some of his music on my iPod. If you want to listen to music that is both deep and uplifting, I encourage you to check out davidmbailey.com.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this...I had been aware he was in hospice and hadn't heard an update. Saw him live here in Alexandria once.

    ReplyDelete